For entering the Republic of Yemen visitors have to issue a visa. Since February 2010 entry visa are not issued at the airports of Yemen any more. Before applying for a visa, visitors must apply for an authorization at the Visa Section in the Immigration, Nationality and Passport Authority of the Ministery of Interior in Yemen.
The request should be done through the partner in Yemen:
• For a business visa, the business partner
• For a visitor visa the inviting person or organization
• For a tourist visa a travel agent
• For a student visa a language institute
As soon as the permission is granted, the visa can be applied in our Consulate General in Frankfurt.
The following documents are required:
• Passport of at least 6 months validity
• Visa application form with recent passport photo
• transfer the visa fees of 40 € for a single entry visa (valid for 3 months), the transfer document must be attached, or send a check.
• A prepaid envelope for sending the passport back
These documents should be sent to:
General Consulate of the Republic of Yemen
Generalkonsulat der Republik Jemen
IBAN DE63 5023 4500 0138 6300 01